Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mountain Biking and Archery


It was a beautiful day to be outside riding mountain bikes and learning archery out at Doc's house. I haven't done much riding on the type of terrain we were on and it was challenging but also lots of fun. We learned the names of different types of bikes and the parts to them. Doc also helped us size our bikes to fit us. If I ever need to buy a new bike, I will ask Doc to help me get the right one because he knows a lot about them.
Lunch was awesome because we were lucky to eat some freshly baked oatmeal chocolate-chip cookies that Doc's wife made for us.
After lunch we learned how to shoot a bow at a target. I was horrible at first but determined to figure out how to hit that target! The cues made a big difference and by the end I hit the target three times in a row. This experience has given me tools for teaching archery and mountain bike riding which I will incorporate in my future physical education class

No comments:

Post a Comment