It was a beautiful sunny day in Ellensburg, a perfect day to be outside learning how to roller-blade/inline skate. I use roller-blade as a child so some of the skills were easy to pick back up. However, I lost many skills that I could once do such as: stopping when traveling fast, crossing over, and making quick sharp turns. I don't remember it being much of a workout back then but I can definately feel the burn now.
Inline skating is an awesome activity to incorporate in a P.E. class because it is fun and active. Kids are more likely to be active when its fun because they forget that they are exercising!
The rock wall was very challenging physically and mentall so I enjoyed doing this activity. I haven't climbed a rock wall before and love trying new activities.
I was surprised when Doc said that two-year olds climb on it and it is facinating to watch how they begin to solve problems about where to climb. This is a wonderful tool to use in class because it is challenging physically as well as develops problem solving skills and trusting others.
I will do everything I can to get a rock wall and inline skates for my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment