Monday, June 1, 2009

Rock Climbing








I am very grateful to have had this awesome opportunity to rock climb! This was by far the coolest and most beautiful experience I have had as a student at Central Washington University. The first time I attempted the rock climb, I didn't understand how to climb. After watching a few experienced climbers and talking with some of the people who were there helping us, I figured out some cues that I used to eventually become successful at completing 4 climbs. I would have gone for 5 but my ride was already done and waiting for me so I left. I hope that i can climb again soon at the same spot because I didn't get a chance to climb Vertigo.
This experience has taught me to go beyond what I believe I can do. I kept telling myself to keep going even though it seemed impossible due to fatigue and inexperience. It has opened a new door in my hobbies for lifelong activity and I can't wait until I get to rock climb again!

No comments:

Post a Comment