


The campground was beautiful except for the mosquitos! Our group had field day activities for the students. We thought this was a good idea initially because looking back on our experiences at camps, there were always relays and the like. However, if I were to teach at this camp again, I would teach circus arts or an have an art project for them. For the most part it went well and the students enjoyed it, but there was time when they were waiting and not participating. Furthermore, I would not teach this in my physical education class because it is not effective teaching.
We arrived Friday in the early evening and didn't get an opportunity to meet with any of the students until Saturday. I think most of us felt like we were there to give the counselors a break on Saturday because that was the only time during the weekend that we taught the students. The times we spent at the campfire were memorable because the students in the PE cohort had the opportunity to visit and spend time together.
Overall, this weekend was a great learning opportunity for teaching experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment